Thursday, January 23, 2014

mama told me there would be days like this

a friend recently shared this song with me. we all know the old version of this song. it's along the lines of how you're going to have crap days. wow, what a mama to drive that message home, huh? 

this little beauty is reminding you about all the gems along the way, especially when you're not feeling it and need a reminder that those days are out there around the corner, and oh yeah, you've had a few before too. pretty. awesome. mama. 

mama told me there would be days like this, by van morrison

When it's not always raining, there'll be days like this
When there's no one complaining, there'll be days like thisWhen everything falls into place, like the flick of a switch
Well, my mama told me there'll be days like this

When you don't need to worry, there'll be days like thisWhen no one's in a hurry, there'll be days like thisWhen you don't get betrayed, by that old Judas kissOh my mama told me there'll be days like this


When you don't need an answer, there'll be days like thisWhen you don't meet a chancer, there'll be days like thisWhen all the parts of the puzzle start, to look like they fitThen I must remember, there'll be days like this


When everyone is up front, and they're not playing tricksWhen you don't have no freeloaders, out to get their kicksWhen it's nobody's business, the way that you wanna liveI just have to remember, there'll be days like this


When no one steps on my dreams, there'll be days like thisWhen people understand, what I mean there'll be days like thisWhen you ring out the changes, of how everything isWell, my mama told me there'll be days like this






XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment